- Aadi Mahotsav (National Tribal Festival) is a joint initiative of Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India & Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED)
- TRIFED an organisation of Ministry of Tribal Affairs has started a new concept of organising “Aadi Mahotsav – National Tribal Festival” to provide direct market access to the tribal master-craftsmen and women in large metros and State capitals.
- 26 such festivals are planned to be organised during the current financial year.
- The concept of organising Aadi Mahotsav in major cities has proved to be a boon for tribal artisans by eliminating the middle man and providing direct access to large markets, otherwise impossible to reach for them.
- The Aadi Mahotsav is an effort to take tribal commerce to the next level of digital and electronic transactions. The Mahotsav apart from exotic handicrafts is also showcasing the electronic and digital skills of the tribals as a special attraction.
- In line with the national aspiration to go cashless, the tribal artisans are accepting payment through major credit/debit cards for which Point of Sale (POS) machines have been provided in each stall.
- A special training has been conducted by State Bank of India for smooth operations of this.
- The Mahotsav is displaying the rich digital commerce and e-commerce being promoted by Tribes India.
- TRIBES India proudly informs the signing of MOUs with Amazon, Amazon.com, Snapdeal, Flipkart, PayTM and GEM, a Government of India Portal for e-commerce of the tribal products. Besides TRIBES India has also has its own e-com portal www.tribesindia.com.
TRIFED is Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Limited (TRIFED). It was established in August 1987. The core objective was institutionalizing the trade of Minor Forest Produce (MFP) and Surplus Agriculture Produce (SAP) collected/cultivated by tribals as tribals are heavily dependent on these natural products for their livelihood. TRIFED also works as an agency to the FCI for procurement of Wheat and Rice.