Copernicus Mission is an European Space Agency Mission. This Mission is Earth Observation Mission.
There are around 30 existing or planned Contributing Missions. They fall into the following categories:
- Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) to observe day and night the land and the ocean;
- Optical sensors to monitor land activities and ocean dynamics;
- Altimetry systems for sea-level measurement;
- Radiometers to monitor land and ocean temperature;
- Spectrometers for measurements of air quality.
Basic Facts:- Copernicus is the European Union’s Earth observation programme coordinated and managed by the European Commission in partnership with the European Space Agency.