1. This winner first accepted the Prize he was awarded in 1958 but was later forced to decline it by the Soviet authorities. Name him.
Answer – Boris Pasternak
2. Between 1945 and 1953, this person was nominated 21 times for the Literature Prize and twice for the Peace Prize. Who was he and what did he finally win?
Answer – Winston Churchill, Literature Prize
3. This winner aroused controversy for his support of Yugolsav President Slobodan Milošević., who was accused of war crimes. He even attended the President’s funeral. Who is he?
Answer – Peter Handke
4. Two people have won the Nobel Prize for Literature as well as an Academy Award. One is Bob Dylan. Name the other.
Answer – George Bernard Shaw
5. This winner’s reaction to being awarded the Prize recently went viral on social media. She said, “I’ve won all the bloody prizes in Europe, every bloody one, so I’m delighted to win them all. It’s a royal flush.” Name this person who is also the oldest winner of the Literature Prize.
Answer – Doris Lessing
6. In 2004, this Prize winner’s citation and medal were stolen and never recovered. Who was he?
Answer – Rabindranath Tagore
7. This Literature Prize winner was jailed twice for his political activism first for opposing U.S. entry into World War 1 and later for taking part in an antinuclear demonstration. He is often compared to Voltaire. His grandfather was the Prime Minister of the U.K. Who is the man in this commemorative stamp of 1972?