1) Paramparagat Krishi Yojana :- Paramparagat Krishi yojana, a scheme to promote organic farming was launched in 2015. Under the scheme, around 8 lakh farmers and 7 lakh hectares of land were brought under organic farming in the last 4 years.
Sikkim was the first fully organic State.
2)Every year World Milk Day is celebrated on June 1 by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. The day is celebrated to bring awareness and attention to the activities associated with the diary sector.
June 1 was chosen to be celebrated as World Milk Day by the FAO in 2001. The day was chosen as several other countries were celebrating milk day on that particular day. This year, the World Milk Day is celebrated under the theme Theme: The 20th Anniversary of World Milk Day.
India is the largest producer of milk as per FAO.
India celebrates National Milk Day on November 26. The day is observed on November 26 as it is the birth anniversary of Verghese Kurien. He was the father of White Revolution in India.
Operation Flood:- Operation Flood was launched in 1970. The operation aimed at doubling milk availability per person in the country.
3)IT Minister Launches National AI Portal of India:-
News: Union Minister for Electronics and IT has launched India’s National Artificial Intelligence(AI) Portal called www.ai.gov.in and National Program for the youth called “Responsible AI for Youth”.
National Artificial Intelligence(AI) Portal:
- Bodies Involved: It has been jointly developed by the Ministry of Electronics and IT and IT Industry.
- The National e-Governance Division of Ministry of Electronics and IT and NASSCOM from the IT industry will jointly run this portal.
- Purpose: Towork as a one stop platform for AI related developments in India, sharing of resources such as articles, investment funds in AI, resources, companies and educational institutions related to AI in India.
Responsible AI for Youth Programme:
- Objective: To empower the youth to become Artificial Intelligence(AI) ready and help reduce the skill gap while enabling youth to create meaningful social impact solutions.
- Bodies involved: It has been created by the National e-Governance Division, Ministry of Electronics & IT in collaboration with Intel India with support from Department of School Education and Literacy (DoSE&L), Ministry of HRD.
- Coverage: The Programme is open to students of classes 8 – 12 from Central and State government-run schools (including KVS, NVS, JNV) from across the country.
4)News:Scientists have confirmed the existence of Proxima Centauri b as an Earth-sized planet.
- Proxima Centauri b is an exoplanet orbiting in the habitable zone of the star Proxima Centauri.
- It is located approximately 4.2 light-years from Earth making it the closest known exoplanet to the Solar System.
- Proxima Centauri:It is the red dwarf star closest to the Sun lying just four light years away in the southern constellation of Centaurus.
- Exoplanet: It is a planet outside the Solar System.The first confirmation of detection of exoplanet occurred in 1992.
- Habitable Zone(Goldilocks zone): It is the area around a star where it is not too hot and not too cold for liquid water to exist on the surface of surrounding planets.Our Earth is in the Sun’s Goldilocks zone
News:Department of Science and Technology(DST) has begun work on the creation of a Covid -19 Indian National Supermodel.
- Aim: To forecast the spread of coronavirus and also monitor the future transmission of infection with the aim to assist governments in enhancing disease surveillance measures.
- Bodies Involved: Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) and Indian Institute of Science(IISc) Bangalore will coordinate on this project