1)GRID 2020 report: Over 5 million displaced in India in 2019
The Global Report on Internal Displacement, GRID 2020 released by Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre, IDMC said that over 5 million people have displaced in India in 2019. According to the report, this is the highest in the world.
2)Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India (BPPI):-
- To support government in its fight against COVID-19, Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India (BPPI) has recently contributed Rs. 25 Lakh to PMCARES fund.
Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India (BPPI)
- BPPI is the implementing agency of Pradhan Mantri Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP).
- It was established under the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers.
- It has been registered as an independent society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 as a separate independent legal entity.
3) The World Health Assembly, a forum through which the World Health Organization is governed, has designated 2020 the International Year of the Nurse and the Midwife.
Nurses and midwives play a vital role in providing health services.
4)Hyderabad based Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) premier lab, Research Centre Imarat (RCI), has developed an automated contactless UVC sanitisation cabinet, called Defence Research Ultraviolet Sanitiser (DRUVS).
- It has been designed to sanitise mobile phones, iPads, laptops, currency notes, cheque leafs, challans, passbooks, paper, envelopes, etc.
- The RCI has also developed an automated UVC currency sanitising device, called NOTESCLEAN.
- Bundles of currency notes can be sanitised using DRUVS, however disinfection of each currency notes using it will be a time consuming process.
- For that purpose, a sanitising technique has been developed, where one has to just place the loose currency notes at the input slot of the device. It picks the notes one by one and makes them pass through a series of UVC lamps for complete disinfection.