1)Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar’s Mahaparinirvana Diwas is 6th December.
2)National AYUSH Grid:- The AYUSH Grid is envisaged as a comprehensive IT backbone covering the different silos of the AYUSH Sector.
Ministry of AYUSH has finalised components of AYUSH Grid Project in consultation with various stakeholders.
Ministry of AYUSH has taken up various pilot projects like AYUSH Hospital Management Information System (A-HMIS), Yoga locator application, Telemedicine, Yoga Portal, A-HMIS trainings, IT course for AYUSH Professionals, etc. which shall be merged into AYUSH Grid Project after completion of pilot period.
3)Women Entrepreneurs in the Country:-
The key challenges for women entrepreneurs in India include access to funding, availability of market, family constraints, lack of confidence in business skills, gender bias etc.
What has the govt. Done:- In order to address the problems in development of women entrepreneurship, different Ministries/ Departments of Government of India have been implementing a number of schemes viz; Start-up India by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry and Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) including Udyam Sakhi Portal by Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) etc..
Start-up India aims to build a strong eco-system for nurturing innovation and Start-ups in the country under which 10% of the total corpus of Fund of Funds amounting to Rs 1000 crore, has been reserved for women led start-ups.
MSME has launched a portal namely “Udyam Sakhi” for encouraging women entrepreneurs and to aid, counsel, assist and protect their interests.
Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP), is a major credit-linked subsidy scheme to promote and set up micro, small and medium enterprises and to generate employment in rural and urban areas of the country.
4)PM Van Dhan Yojana:– Pradhan Mantri Van DhanYojana (PMVDY) is a Market Linked Tribal Entrepreneurship Development Program for forming clusters of tribal SHGs and strengthening them into Tribal Producer Companies.
The scheme will be implemented through Ministry of Tribal Affairs as Nodal Department at the Central Level and TRIFED as Nodal Agency at the National Level.
5)Indian institute of Skills:- Government of India has approved the proposal for setting up of Indian Institute of Skills (IISs) in 3 locations in the country namely Mumbai, Kanpur and Ahmedabad.
6)PMMVY :-Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) is a Maternity Benefit Programme that is implemented in all the districts of the country in accordance with the provision of the National Food Security Act, 2013.
- Providing partial compensation for the wage loss in terms of cash incentive s so that the woman can take adequate res t before and after delivery of the first living child.
- A beneficiary is eligible to receive benefits under the scheme only once.
- In case of miscarriage/still birth, the beneficiary would be eligible to claim the remaining instalment(s) in event of any future pregnancy.
Details of the Scheme:-
- Cash incentive of Rs 5000 in three instalments i.e. first instalment of Rs 1000/ – on early registration of pregnancy at the Anganwadi Centre (AWC) / approved Health facility as may be identified by the respective administering State / UT, second instalment of Rs 2000/ – after six months of pregnancy on receiving at least one ante-natal check-up (ANC) and third instalment of Rs 2000/ – after child birth is registered and the child has received the first cycle of BCG, OPV, DPT and Hepatitis – B, or its equivalent/ substitute.
- The eligible beneficiaries would receive the incentive given under the Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) for Institutional delivery and the incentive received under JSY would be accounted towards maternity benefits so that on an average a woman gets Rs 6000 / – .