1. QCI Conclave in Uttarakhand
- Quality Council of India (QCI) along with PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI) is organizing its 11th Regional Quality Conclave (RQC) on 20th December 2019 at, Rudrapur, district Udham Singh Nagar, Uttarakhand.
- The theme of the Rudrapur RQC is “Advance Manufacturing with Quality, Innovation & Technology Interventions.”
- The objective of the Conclave is to create awareness about significance of quality culture in businesses, deliberate on how organizations could continuously improve and innovate and share the technological advancement like Industry 4.0 and predictive maintenance.
2. Sahitya Akademi announces annual Sahitya Akademi Awards in 23 languages today
- Sashi Tharoor, the former external affairs minister has won the award for his book “An Era of Darkness”.
- The books were selected on the basis of recommendations made by a Jury of three members in the concerned languages in accordance with the procedure laid down for the purpose.
- The Awards relate to books first published during the five years immediately preceding the year of Award (i.e. between 1 January 2013 and 31 December 2017).
- The Sahitya Academy Award is a literary honour in India, which the Sahitya Akademi, India’s National Academy of Letters, annually confers on writers of the most outstanding books of literary merit published in any of the major Indian languages (24 languages,including the 22 listed in the Eighth Schedule of the Indian Constitution, along with English and Rajasthani)
- Established in 1954, the award comprises a plaque and a cash prize of ₹ 1,00,000.The award’s purpose is to recognize and promote excellence in Indian writing and also acknowledge new trends.
- The plaque awarded by the Sahitya Akademi was designed by the Indian film-maker Satyajit Ray.
3. US House of Representatives votes to impeach President Trump
- He is accused of abuse of power and obstruction of the Congress, related to his dealings with Ukraine.
- With this, he has become the third US president in history to be impeached by the House.
- Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton were other two former presidents who had been impeached.
4. Government Instant Messaging System
The Centre Government is testing a prototype of an Indian equivalent of popular messaging application platforms, such as WhatsApp and Telegram, for secure internal use. This secure messaging app is codenamed as ‘Government Instant Messaging System (GIMS)’. It is being packaged for employees of Central government as well as state government departments and organisations for intra and inter organisation communications.
Objective: To develop a secure Indian alternative without security concerns attached with apps hosted abroad or those owned by foreign entities like WhatsApp, Telegram etc.
- GIMS is designed and developed by Kerala unit of National Informatics Centre (NIC).
- Unlike these popular messaging application, GIMS employs end-to-end encryption for one-to-one messaging.