1. Registration of political parties under Section 29A of the Representation of the People Act, 1951
- An association seeking registration under the said Section has to submit an application to the Commission within a period of 30 days following the date of its formation, as per the guidelines prescribed by the Commission in exercise of the powers conferred by Article 324 of the Constitution of India and Section 29A of the Representation of the People Act, 1951.
- In order to enable applicants to track the status of the application, the Commission has launched a “Political Parties Registration Tracking Management System(PPRTMS)”.
- The salient feature in the PPRTMS is that the applicant, who is applying for party registration from 1st January, 2020 will be able to track the progress of his/her application and will get status update through SMS and e-mail.
2. ISRO to set up second launch port in Thoothukodi district of Tamilnadu for small satellite launch vehicles
- ISRO Chairman K Sivan informed that this will come up in 2300 acres.
- On the lines of GPS navigation system developed by America, the Indian navigation system called Navic with the indigenous atomic clock will be operational with mobile phone manufacturers coming forward to install the regional navigation device.
- On the progress made in India’s first manned mission to outer space Gaganyaan the process of Astronaut selection is over and The Gaganyaan mission is targeted to be launched by 2022.
- Before that unmanned missions will be launched to test the crew module with robots resembling humans.
- This unmanned space mission will test spacecraft re-entry technology, space capsule recovery experiment and effect of microgravity on the crew module necessary for the human space travel.
3. Third Khelo India youth games to be held in Guwahati in Jan 2020
- Six thousand five hundred athletes from 37 teams will take part in the event
- Cycling and lawn ball have been introduced as new disciplines in the games.
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal launched the torch relay of the competition in Guwahati on Sunday.
- The torch will be carried to all district headquarters to elicit the cooperation of the people for the success of the Games.
4. India likely to surpass Germany to become the fourth-largest economy in 2026: Report
- According to a report by the UK-based Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR), India is all set to overtake Japan to become the third-largest economy by 2034.
- The report titled ‘World Economic League Table 2020’ said that India is also set to become a 5 trillion dollar economy by 2026, 2 years later than the government’s target of 2024.
- India has decisively overtaken both France and the UK to become the world’s fifth-largest economy in 2019. The report said that Japan, Germany and India will battle for third position over the next 15 years.
- The World Economic League Table is an annual calculation by CEBR jointly published by CEBR and Global Construction Perspectives. The base data for 2019 is taken from the IMF World Economic Outlook.