1. Afghanistan first country to recognize Indian Pharmacopoeia(IP)
- IP is an officially recognized book of standards as per the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Rules 1945 thereunder.
- The IP specifies the standards of drugs manufactured and marketed in India in terms of their identity, purity and strength.
- The quality, efficacy and safety of the medicines are important from healthcare perspective. In order to ensure the quality of medicinal products, the legal and scientific standards are provided by Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission (IPC) in the form of Indian Pharmacopoeia (IP).
- The IP Commission’s mission is to promote public and animal health in India by bringing out authoritative and officially accepted standards for quality of drugs including active pharmaceutical ingredients, excipients and dosage forms, used by health professionals, patients and consumers.
2. EChO Network launched to catalyze cross-disciplinary leadership in India
- It is a national program to provide a template for cross-disciplinary leadership in India with the specific focus of increasing research, knowledge, and awareness of Indian ecology and the environment
- Over time EChO Network intends to create an international distributed institute comprising individuals housed within industry, government, private, and academic sectors, combining their expertise and resources collectively to tackle large scale problems.
3. Andhra Pradesh tops in organizing Fit India School Week
- FIT India movement was launched on August 29 this year.
- The Fit India School Ranking system is the first-ever fitness rating for schools introduced in India.
- Under this, the schools are given a Fit India Flag and 3-star and 5-star rating, depending on the fitness levels of the students and teachers, infrastructure available and their participation in fitness activities.
- Obtaining FIT India Flag is precondition for getting FIT India school ranking.
4. Mirabai Chanu wins gold at Qatar International Cup
Former world champion, weightlifter Saikhom Mirabai Chanu won the women’s 49kg category gold medal to open India’s account at the 6th Qatar International Cup
5. Dunzo, Throttle get DGCA nod to test long-range drones
- Dunzo is a Google-backed hyperlocal delivery startup and Throttle Aerospace Systems is a Bengaluru-based drone maker
- The long range drones can significantly enhance logistic services in Indian hinterland and may become a significant multiplier to the economy.
- The approvals are a part of the DGCA’s experimental programme, called beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS) drone operations, which was notified in May 2019.
- The BVLOS Experiment Assessment and Monitoring (BEAM) Committee will be responsible for overseeing the evidence collected on use of drones.
6. Centenary celebrations of ASSOCHAM
- The event was organized to commemorate 100 years of ASSOCHAM.
- The event was organized under the Theme: New India Aspiring for 5 trillion USD
- The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) is the apex trade association of India.
- The goal of the organization is to promote domestic and international trade.
- It is one of the oldest organizations in the country that was established in 1921.
- The organization is located in Kolkata, Bengaluru and Ahmedabad.
- The GoI authorizes and has given the power for ASSOCHAM to issue certificates of origin, recommend business visa and certify commercial invoices.