1. JMM-Congress-RJD alliance set to form new govt in Jharkhand
The alliance has won 47 seats in the 81-member assembly while BJP got 25 seats.
2. Urban India declared Open defecation free
Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban has achieved its target of creating Urban India Open Defecation Free.
Urban areas of 35 states and Union Territories have become ODF. In all, 4,320 cities out of 4,372 have declared themselves ODF, of which 4,167 cities have been certified through third-party verification.
3. Govt notifies rules for fixation of microdots identifiers on vehicles
- MoRTH Amends MV Rules Mandating Adherence to Automotive Industry Standards (AIS)-155 to Enhance Vehicular Security
- Microdots will enhance the security of vehicles.
- The invisible microdots will now come affixed on vehicles and their parts to prevent theft as well as to check fake spare parts.
- Microdot technology involves spraying the body and parts of the vehicle or any other machine with microscopic dots, which give a unique identification.
4. Indian Railways to modernize its Signalling system
- Indian Railways has decided to modernize its Signalling system on its entire network by implementing Modern Train Control system.
- The work includes revision of Automatic Train Protection System, Electronic Interlocking System and Remote Diagnostic and Predictive Maintenance System.
- In connection with works of raising the speed up to 160 kmph to reduce travel time from existing 18 hours to 12 hours, Modern Train Control system shall be implemented on Delhi – Mumbai and Delhi – Howrah High-Density routes.
5. DRDO tests Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile (QRSAM)successfully
The QRSAM is a missile developed by DRDO along with Bharat Electronics Limited for the Indian army.