1. Exercise Ajeya Warrior-2020
- A joint military training exercise between India & United Kingdom (UK)
- The fifth edition of the exercise included joint training in urban and semi urban areas.
2. 1st ‘National Conference on Coastal Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience (CDRR&R) – 2020’
- It was organised by the National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM), in New Delhi today.
- The one-day conference focussed on enhancing human capacity in terms of better understanding about coastal disaster risks and effective collaborative actions, by implementing Prime Minister’s 10-point agenda and Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction, for reducing the risk and enhancing the resilience amongst the affected stakeholders.
3. Commencement of Special Services Fortnight from 24.02.2020 to 10.03.2020 on the occasion of ESIC Foundation Day
- Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) observed its Foundation Day on 24.02.2020 as ESIC Day
- ‘Santusht’ mobile App will be brought for the benefit of ESI beneficiaries very soon.
- ESI Scheme in India
- The Employees’ State Insurance Corporation is a pioneer Social Security organization providing comprehensive social security benefits like reasonable Medical Care and a range of Cash Benefits in times of need such as employment injury, sickness, death etc.
- The ESI Act applies to premises/precincts where 10 or more persons are employed.
- The employees drawing wages up to Rs.21,000/- a month are entitled to health insurance cover and other benefits, under the ESI Act.
- The ESI Corporation has completed 68 years of its functioning and services on 24th February, 2020.
4. EESL(Energy Efficiency Services Limited) successfully completes a decade of helping India become energy efficient
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) is a joint venture of PSUs under the Ministry of Power, Government of India, which was set up by the government to facilitate energy efficiency projects and to work as Energy Service Company.
- Also launched the dashboards of Smart Meter National Programme (SMNP), National Electric Mobility Programme and solar initiatives to transparently monitor the real time progress of the programmes and its impact.
- Also launched an integrated mobile application – EK EESL– where all the dashboards of all the programmes being implemented by EESL will be accessible and anyone can monitor their real-time progress.
- EESL spearheaded and implemented the Government of India’s zero subsidy UnnatJyoti by Affordable LEDs for All (UJALA) programme by distributing LED bulbs and Street Lighting National Programme (SLNP) by retrofitting streetlights with LEDs.
- Established in 2009, EESL is the world’s largest energy service company (ESCO)
5. “All India Tribal Workers Meet”
- It was organised by Bharatiya Adim Jati Sevak Sangh (BAJSS)
- Inmates of Tribal Boys hostel and destitute girls of Katyayani Balika Ashram presented cultural programmes on the occasion.
- Bharatiya Adim Jati Sevak Sangh works for the communities primarily tribals and nomadic, semi-nomadic and Vimukta Jati communities of India and weaker sections of the society by promoting their social, cultural educational and economic development and also to safeguard their constitutional rights with a view to enable them to their legitimate share in the national life of the country as equal citizens.
- BAJSS is also maintaining a comprehensive national level Tribal Museum exhibiting tribal articles, tribal culture and living in Thakkar Bapa Smarak Sadan, near Jhandewalan, New Delhi
- Bhartiya Adim Jati Sevak Sangh is a National Level Voluntary Organisation constituted on 24th October, 1948 by Pujya Thakkar Bapa, well known dedicated social worker of the Servants of India Society.
- The first President of the Sangh was Dr.Rajendra Prasad
6. 1st Khelo India Winter Games inaugurated in Leh, Ladakh
- The event, which is first of its kind in India, is being organised to promote winter sports in India and to popularise these games among the youth of the country.
- To channelize 20 percent share of youth energy of the world from India, the government is conducting University Games, Youth Games and Winter Games for the first time under the Khelo India programme.
- The second leg of the Khelo India Winter Games will be held at Kongdori, Gulmarg