1. Nomination dossiers of ‘Dholavira: A Harappan City’ and ‘Monuments and Forts of Deccan Sultanate’ have been submitted for inclusion in the World Heritage List for the year 2020
- Govt. of Madhya Pradesh has submitted the proposal of ‘Group of Monuments at Mandu’ in the year 2019. The dossier was further forwarded to World Heritage Centre (WHC) for completeness check.
- A consultation workshop was organized by the Wild Life Institute of India and State Govt. of Madhya Pradesh to inventorize and prioritize the potential World Heritage Sites of M.P.
- The workshop has proposed Bhedaghat (Narmada Valley) as one of the recommended potential site subject to criteria set by UNESCO World Heritage Centre
2. ‘Scheme for Pension and Medical Aid to Artistes’
- The Government is implementing a Scheme namely “Scheme for Pension and Medical Aid to Artistes” to improve financial and socio-economic status of the old aged artistes and scholars including various Folk Artists who have contributed significantly in their specialized fields of arts, letters etc., but leading a miserable life or are in penury condition.
- An amount of maximum Rs. 4000/- per month is being given to each beneficiary, out of which minimum Rs. 500/- financial assistance from State/UT Govt. is included.
3. UGC has developed Jeevan Kaushal Curriculum to upgrade life skills of undergraduate students
- This Curriculum covers the courses on communication skills, professional skills, leadership & management skills and universal human values.
4. Central Accident Database Management System
- Ministry of Road Transport & Highways has launched Integrated Road Accident Database (IRAD) System.
- The primary purpose of IRAD is to enhance road safety, and thus endeavors to generate various types of insights
- The six states identified for piloting the project are Maharashtra, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.
5. SCTIMST develops Flow Diverter Stents Technology for the treatment of Aneurysms of brain
- The research team of Sree Chitra Thirunal Institute of Medical Science and Technology (SCTIMST),Thiruvanthapuram, an Institute of National Importance under the Department of Science and Technology has developed an innovative intracranial flow diverter stent for the treatment of aneurysms of the blood vessels of the brain.
- Flow diverters stents when deployed in the artery in the brain bearing the aneurysms, divert blood flow away from the aneurysm, thus reducing the chances of its rupture from the pressure of blood flow.
- Intracranial aneurysm is a localized ballooning, bulging or dilation of arteries in the brain caused by progressive weakening of the inner muscles of the wall of the blood vessels.
- Spontaneous rupture of the aneurysm can result in bleeding into the space around the brain resulting condition called a subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH). Subarachnoid hemorrhage can lead to paralysis, coma or death.
6. “Ekam Fest”
- The week long Exhibition-cum-Fair “EKAM Fest” organized by National Handicapped Finance Development Corporation (NHFDC) under M/o Social Justice& Empowerment began today
- EKAM Fest is an effort for promoting entrepreneurship and knowledge among Divyangjan community, generating awareness among society about potentialities of PwDs & providing a major marketing opportunity to PwDs entrepreneurs.
- Name of the brand has been arrived at Ekam (Entrepreneurship, Knowledge, Awareness, Marketing).The word Ekam also represents the inclusiveness, oneness and unity
- NHFDC is an Apex corporation under the aegis of Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan), Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment and is working since 1997.