1. 30th january– Martyrdom Day
72nd Death Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi
2. Exercise SAMPRITI-IX
Exercise SAMPRITI is an important bilateral defence cooperation endeavour between India and Bangladesh and will be the ninth edition of the exercise which is hosted alternately by both countries.
3.Indian Railways implementing Automatic Identification and Data Collection (AIDC) of Rolling Stock (RFID Project)
- RFID project has been taken up which aims to automatically and accurately track and trace rolling stock as they move across the country with a special focus on improving their safety and reliability.
- For implementing this project over Indian Railways, the Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS, the IT arm of the Indian Railways), GS1 India and the Indian Industry have come together in alignment with the Hon’ble Prime Minister’s ‘Make in India’ initiative.
4. “Digital Gandhi Gyan-Vigyan Exhibition- Phase II” launched in New Delhi
The Exhibition showcasing Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) based exhibits on the events related to life of Mahtma Gandhi has been launched by the DST, in collaboration with M/s Vizara Technologies Pvt. Ltd, Delhi, a technology start-up under incubation of IIT Delhi.
5. Israel army says ‘deploying reinforcements’ in West Bank, near Gaza border
- Israel’s army said that it was deploying reinforcements in the occupied West Bank and near the Gaza border, amid Palestinian anger over US President Donald Trump’s peace plan. Small protests took place in multiple places in the West Bank and in the Gaza Strip after Trump announced his long-delayed peace plan.
- Trump’s plan angered Palestinians by proposing Israel retain control over Jerusalem as its “undivided capital” and giving the Jewish state the green light to annex settlements in the West Bank.