1. 11th Edition of the Biennial Mega Defence Exhibition DefExpo being organised at Lucknow
- This is the largest DefExpo so far in India.
- The theme of the Expo is ‘India: The Emerging Defence Manufacturing Hub’.
- The aim is to bring the leading technologies in the defence sector under one roof and provide a myriad of opportunities for the government, private manufactures and startups. The event will cover the entire spectrum of the country’s aerospace, defence and security interests.
- The sub theme of the exhibition is ‘Digital Transformation of Defence’ which aligns with the concept of the future battlefield through application of newer technologies
2. Live attenuated Classical Swine Fever (CSF) cell culture vaccine (Indigenous strain)
- Developed by ICAR -Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI), Izatnagar.
- CSF is one of the most important diseases of pigs causing high mortality
3. Department of Science & Technology launches SATHI (Sophisticated Analytical & Technical Help Institutes) Initiative
- Aim is to address the need for building shared, professionally managed and strong Science and Technology infrastructure in the country which is readily accessible to academia, start-ups, manufacturing, industry and R&D labs
4. Launch of Portal Santusht
- The objective of ‘Santusht’ is to promote transparency, accountability, effective delivery of public services and implementation of policies, schemes of Ministry of Labour and Employment at grassroot level through constant monitoring.
5. “Kisan Rail”
- To build a seamless national cold supply chain for perishables, inclusive of milk, meat and fish, the Indian Railways will set up a “Kisan Rail”- through PPP arrangements.
- There shall be refrigerated coaches in Express and Freight trains as well.
6. Skill India Campaign
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship is implementing a flagship scheme PMKVY(Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana ).
- PMKVY was launched as a pilot in 2015
- PMKVY (2016-20) is implemented with an objective to provide skilling to one crore people across the country in four years i.e. 2016-2020.
7. Ministry of Women and Child Development gave away the Pradhan Mantri Matru VandanaYojana (PMMVY) awards
- In the category of best performance since inception of the Scheme to States/ UTs having population of more than 1 crore the first position was awarded to the State of Madhya Pradesh, followed by Andhra Pradesh and Haryana was in the third position.
- In the same category,among States/ UTs having population of less than 1 crore Dadra & Nagar Haveli is in the first position. Himachal stood second and Chandigarh is at the third position.
- District level awards for States/ UTs with population of more than 1 crore the first position went to Indore in Madhya Pradesh. Kurnool in Andhra Pradesh is in second position
- Among the districts of States/ UTs having population of less than 1 crore the first position went to Serchhip in Mizoram, second position to Unain Himachal Pradesh
- The PMMVY is a maternity benefit programme being implemented in all districts of the country from 01.01.2017.
- Under PMMVY a cash incentive of Rs. 5000 is provided directly to the bank/ post office account of Pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers (PW&LM) for the first living child of the family subject to fulfilling specific conditions relating to maternal and child health.