1. President of India Presents International Gandhi Awards for Leprosy
To Dr N.S. Dharmashaktu under the Indian nomination (individual) category and the Leprosy Mission Trust under the institutional category
2. Lucknow Declaration Adopted at the 1st India-Africa Defence Ministers Conclave, 2020
- “Silence The Guns: Creating conducive conditions for African Development” is the African Union’s theme of the year.
- AU vision for peace and security in Africa coincides with India’s vision of SAGAR (Security and Growth for all in the Region).
3. National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS)
- The Central Sector Scheme ‘National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme’ (NMMSS) is being implemented since 2008 with the objective to award scholarships to meritorious students of economically weaker sections to arrest their drop out at class VIII and encourage them to continue the study at secondary stage.
- Under the Scheme one lakh fresh scholarships @ of Rs.12000/- per annum per student are awarded to selected students of class IX every year and their continuation/renewal in classes X to XII for study in a State Government, Government-aided and Local body schools.
- The scheme is boarded on National Scholarship Portal (NSP) since 2015-16.
- The NSP has been developed by Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) for streamlining and fast tracking the release of Scholarships across Ministries / Departments with efficiency, transparency and reliability.
4. Constitution of teams to Study pollution of Rivers
- Under Namami Gange Programme, Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) is operating a scheme “Pollution Inventorisation Assessment and Surveillance on river Ganga (PIAS)” for inventorisation, monitoring and surveillance of pollution load discharging into river Ganga and its tributaries and also for annual inspection of all Grossly Polluting Industries(GPIs).
- Teams in association with third party technical institutions of repute like Indian Institute of Technologies (IITs), National Institute of Technologies (NITs),Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI), Central Pulp and Paper Research Institute (CPPRI),etc have been carrying out annual inspections to assess the compliance status of GPIs for enforcing regulatory framework on the polluting industries.
5. Fit India Movement
- Fit India is a people centric movement to be run on voluntary basis with participation of as many citizens as possible.
- The main objective of Fit India Movement is to create awareness amongst all the citizens of India about fitness and its importance in daily life through sports, yogasan, walking, cycling, dancing or any other physical activity.