QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
1. Lithium Triangle countries comprises of
Select the correct answer code:
a) 1, 2, 4
b) 2, 3, 5
c) 2, 4, 5
d) 1, 3, 4
It has been estimated that South America’s Lithium Triangle hosts about 54% of the world’s lithium resources. Lithium Triangle in Argentina, Chile and Bolivia.
2. East Kalimantan, recently seen in news is located in
The capital of Indonesia, which is Jakarta at present, will be relocated to the province of East Kalimantan on the lesser populated island of Borneo.
It is also the largest Indonesian city with a population of 1 crore people and is located on the North West coast of the most populous island in the world, Java.
3. Global Energy Transition Index 2019 is released by?
a) International Atomic Energy Agency
b) Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
c) World Economic Forum (WEF)
d) International Energy Agency (IEA)
- World Economic Forum has released its global Energy Transition index.
- The annual list ranks 115 economies on their ability to balance energy security and access with environmental sustainability and affordability.
- The index considers both the current state of the countries’ energy system and their structural readiness to adapt to future energy needs.
- Sweden retained its top spot on the list, followed by Switzerland and Norway in the second and third positions respectively.
- India has moved up two places to rank 76th on a global energy transition index.
4. Which of the following statement is correct regarding Buddha Nullah.
a) An ancient Buddhist site located in Sarnath, declared as ‘protected area of national importance’.
b) Image of buddha in dharmachakra pravartana mudra.
c) Statue of Lord Buddha.
d) A seasonal water stream.
Budha Nullah is a seasonal water stream, which runs through the Malwa region of Punjab and after passing through highly populated Ludhiana district, it drains into Sutlej River. Today it has also become a major source of pollution in the region.
5. The government recently launched ‘e-Sahaj’ portal. It is related to
a) To offer Insurance Coverage to Dairy Farmers
b) For security clearances in certain sensitive sectors
c) For MSME Sector to access market/ credit
d) To assist Startups in getting cheaper loans
The government launched an online ‘e-Sahaj’ portal for grant of Security Clearance. The objective of national security clearance is to evaluate potential security threats, including economic threats, and provide risk assessment before clearing investment and project proposals in key sectors.
6. Consider the following statements regarding National Educational Alliance for Technology (NEAT) Scheme.
1)This is a public-private partnership scheme that aims to harness technology for better learning outcomes in higher education.
2)Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) would act as a facilitator to ensure that the solutions are freely available to a large number of economically backward students.
3)All India Council for Technical Education will be the government’s implementing agency for the programme.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
a) 1, 2
b) 1, 3
c) 2, 3
d) 1, 2, 3
- Ministry of HRD announces National Educational Alliance for Technology (NEAT) Scheme for using better technology for better learning outcomes in Higher Education.
- The objective is to use Artificial Intelligence to make learning more personalised and customised as per the requirements of the learner.
- AICTE would be the implementing agency for NEAT programme.
7. Which of the following military exercises are correctly matched?
1)Shaheen VIII: China and Russia
2)Yudh Abhyas: India and China
3)Indra Navy-18: India and Russia
4)Vajra Prahar: India and US
Select the correct answer code:
a) 1, 2, 3
b) 2, 3, 4
c) 3, 4
d) 1, 2, 3, 4
Pakistan and China conducted joint bilateral aerial exercise Shaheen VIII (Eagle VIII) in Chinese city of Holton.
The joint military training exercise between India and United States (US) named Yudh Abhyas.