QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
1. ‘Gharana wetland’ is locted in which of the following states?
b) Uttar Pradesh
d) None of the above
Gharana wetland is located in Jammu.
2. ‘Automatic Information Exchange Pact’ was in news in the context of India and which of the following countries?
c) United Kingdom
3. Consider the following statements with respect to ‘P-Notes’
1.They are offshore derivative instruments with Indian shares as underlying assets.
2.Only Foreign Portfolio Investors (FPIs) located in FATF countries or managed by an enterprise based under FATF jurisdiction can deal in Participatory Notes.
Select the correct statements
a) 1 Only
b) 2 Only
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) notified that only FPIs – Foreign Portfolio Investors located in FATF countries or managed by an enterprise based under FATF jurisdiction can deal in Participatory Notes.
- Participatory Notes are financial instruments required by investors to invest in Indian stock markets without being registered with SEBI.
- Participatory notes are offshore derivative instruments with Indian shares as underlying assets. Brokers and foreign institutional investors registered with SEBI issue the participatory notes and invest on behalf of the foreign investors. Brokers must report their participatory note issuance status to the regulatory board each quarter.
- The notes allow foreign investors with high net worth, hedge funds, and other investors, to invest. Investors save time, money and scrutiny associated with direct registration.
4. ‘HR Khan Committee’ is concerned with
a) Foreign Portfolio Investors
b) Real Estate Regulation
c) Primary Health Care
d) Sagarmala Project
The committee was formed by SEBI under the chairmanship of HR Khan, former deputy governor of RBI, to suggest measures for revitalizing and streamlining FPIs.
5. ‘Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA)’ imposes unilateral sanctions against
Select the correct code:
a) 1 and 2
b) 2 and 3
c) 1 and 3
d) All of the above
The Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act, CAATSA is a United States federal law that imposed sanctions on Iran, North Korea, and Russia.
6. ‘Asian Development Outlook’ is published by
a) Asian Development Bank
b) International Monetary Fund
c) World Bank
d) New Development Bank
The Asian Development Outlook analyzes economic and development issues in developing countries in Asia. This includes forecasting the inflation and gross domestic product growth rates of countries throughout the region, including the People’s Republic of China and India.